Friday, September 11, 2009

(Not the) Music Post

Okay, since I committed to leading the Renewal service on Saturday, I didn't quite have time to write the big music post I promised. I will come....eventually.

Some Jews have come out with some great CD's lately. Matisyahu - Light. So far I'm liking this a lot more than Youth. Hot tracks include Smash Lies, So High So Low, and For You. The second one is the new one from the Phab Phour, Phish - Joy. Their Jewish rhythm section (Mike Gordon and Jon Fishman) is on top, not to mention Trey being at his best. My favorite tracks so far include Backwards Down The Number Line, Time Turns Elastic, and Sugar Shack.

The band(*) will also be having a marathon rehearsal on Saturday night to prepare for the Jew Year's Eve IV show next Thursday. It will rock!

Shabbat Shalom, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment